When you think of food delivery in the MENA region, we’d be pretty surprised if talabat didn’t pop into your mind first! Since delivering our first order in Kuwait in 2004, we’ve grown quite a lot over the past 17 years.
Today, we deliver hundreds of millions of food orders, grocery items and other products per year, to our customers in nine countries throughout the region with more than 3,000+ employees! Our food delivery business works with over 27,000 brands and almost 50,000 branches, while our q-commerce concept, talabat mart, now delivers groceries to customers in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman Qatar, and the UAE in 30 minutes or less!
Our philosophy is to make sure we do what is right for our ecosystem – our customers, our partners, our people, our riders, and the communities in which we operate. Our #techforgood program allows our customers a safe and convenient way to contribute to important causes in their community through donating to local and international charities directly on talabat with a focus on food insecurity in the region. Since its inception in 2020, we have facilitated the donation of well over 1 million meals to those in need, as well as donated over $1.5 million to charity with the help of our partners and customers. talabat is part of Delivery Hero, the global leader in online food delivery and q-commerce.
What’s on your plate?
- Supervise product content creation and monitor the quality of all go-live content.
- Support content, commercial, category managers, taxonomist and AMs of the business
- Participates in the development of team members; mentors and supports the team as and when required
- Responsible for marketplace catalog quality and supporting multiple categories that populates/ procures content for the the catalog.
- Drive appropriate data-oriented analysis, adoption of technology solutions and process improvement projects to achieve operational and business goals
- Taking part in planning, organizing and directing the work of subordinates or others, outline procedures and instructions on work received, make time estimates on new jobs received, check accuracy / quality of content creation / population done by others, ensuring records are maintained accurately, ensuring utilization of team is high, mentor and train new team members.
- Meet operational and business goals through monitoring the team and capacity planning through forecasting
- Troubleshoot and support the team in maintaining operationally effective flow of products; improve processes and reduce discrepancies
- Work with various internal teams (e.g., supply chain, fulfillment centre, technology teams) to help drive tools and process improvements that affect vendor/catalog management workflows”
- Manage stakeholder communication across multiple lines of business on operational milestones, process changes and escalations
- Work closely with vendors to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of products, and interact directly with all local teams to deliver their requirements and work directly with the Category team to ensure the overall health of the processes is good to ensure content quality
- Conduct audits to check content quality
- Efficiently execute projects involving new features.
- Support in managing evolving content requirements
What did we order?
- 3+ years previous experience in content
- Ability to handle high pressure in a positive way
- Quick learning & execution
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Strong work ethic and drive, high attention to detail, and desire for a high level of ownership
- Strong command with tools of the trade (eg. Excel expert, PPT, Google Drive)
- Understanding about process management in a related industry and experience in e-grocery or e-commerce is an added benefit
- Data entry skills, MS Excel, Process oriented