To control inventory, oversee daily tasks and processes and organize small teams within specific areas of Stores operation. To ensure that information relating to the performance of the work is clearly communicated to the team and effectively employed.
- Actively support the ordering personnel within the department in monitoring inventory and current consumption of stock items. Ensure that the established processes are applied for the receipt of goods into Stores, issue, decant and delivery of the same. Regularly review stock held and product consumption and feed back to the Stores ordering team in the event of any sudden or unexpected changes in use. Feed back in a timely manner to the Stores ordering team regarding any inventory item that has reached low levels of stock on hand.
- Lead and direct small teams within the department in the performance of daily tasks and processes. Communicate clearly expectations related to productivity, method, quality, safety, hygiene and all other relevant criteria. Regularly liaise with and feed back to the Stores leadership team, of any problems encountered in the operation.
- Maintain Stores areas to the high standards demanded of the operation. Ensure that Stores areas are kept clean, that equipment is safe for use and well maintained. Ensure that Stores personnel are working safely, operating machinery provided in the correct way and that stock is rotated, stored neatly and does not create a safety hazard. Ensure that stock is regularly checked and monitored for product expiry and that First in First Out rotation is being maintained.
- Ensure that all stock transactions are accurately maintained. That system inventory matches physical stock on hand and that all receipts and issues of inventory items are captured on the ERP operating system.
- Provide cover and support as required, in all areas of the daily operation within the department.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation to support Stores processes – stock control, hygiene, accounts, internal controls and all other relevant documentation, is accurately completed and that records are well maintained for the required period of time.
Education & Experience
- Completion of formal secondary education and ideally additional qualifications and training in a related field.
- At least 2 years industry experience with a minimum of 1-year Material Stores experience, in an Assistant Store Keeper role.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 to bring “Abu Dhabi to the World”. Over the years, we have grown into Etihad Aviation Group, a diversified global aviation and travel company, which is one of the world’s most acclaimed industry brands.
Our airline flies to over 84 destinations with a fleet of over 100 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, serving 18.6 million passengers a year and carrying 682,000 tonnes of cargo in 2018.