- Technical Authority for Instrumentation & Control (I&C) and associated systems and documentation.
- Determines the I&C strategy for the Operating Facility and provides leadership, direction, and guidance in support of Projects, Operations and Maintenance.
- Assures compliance with discipline related legislative, regional, and company mandated standards and application of industry best practice.
- Sets and monitors effectiveness of maintenance strategy within discipline to minimize operational risk and optimize equipment reliability and availability at lowest lifecycle cost.
- Provide Technical Assurance for all I&C and associated systems for the business.
- Undertake periodic audits and verification exercises to assure adherence to standards within discipline. Report on findings and provide recommendations for any deviations to ensure technical risks are managed.
- Review specifications, bid packages, design and fabrication documentation and recommended manufacturers and suppliers of rotating equipment in support of local and regional projects.
- Specify Tender and manage I&C technical service contracts.
- Act as a coach or mentor to Local National Engineers and Technicians in support of their development and to build in-house capability.
- Create and maintain the regional I&C annual and multi-year plans and provide input to regional and COMPANY strategy.
- Provide OPEX and CAPEX budgets and forecast estimates for annual and the multi-year plans.
- Develop, implement, and monitor performance metrics, measures and KPIs, report on results and make recommendations for improvement.
- Introduce new technology and industry best practices to enhance operational effectiveness and eliminate obsolescence.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Function to improve and optimise I&C efficiency, and reliability utilising proven techniques such as RCM and FMECA and developing standardised practical operating and maintenance procedures and practices.
- Lead RCA Investigations into equipment failures and make recommendations for improvements and elimination of defects.
- Audit and verification of existing kit meets industry, regulated, company mandated, standards.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications/Experience Required
- Degree in relevant Engineering Discipline
- Chartered Engineer (preferred)
- Membership of a discipline related professional body
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience as a senior instrumentation & control engineer or manager in the oil & gas industry, ideally with expertise in LPG production facilities or Oil & Gas production facilities.
- Subject matter expert in maintenance techniques with oil & gas I&C Systems.
- Demonstrable success initiating change and delivering improvements and resolving technical issues.