This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it’s a state of mind.
THE HYDE DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group; opened the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
Hyde Hotel Dubai Business Bay, a five-star hotel, opened their doors in Q4 2021. The 276-rooms, all with balconies, is a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa – the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai will feature three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property is The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge as well as a spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel’s public areas, guestrooms and Cleo was designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio. Katsuya, Hudson Tavern and Hyde pool and lounge designed by Tristan Plessis Studio.
Managing accounts within the Sales & Marketing department in charge of local and international accounts for both individual bookings assigned by Director of Sales.
Responsible in managing assigned accounts in respective markets and materializing budgeted revenues through existing clients and key prospects. Assists & cooperates with Department and Division heads in reaching the targeted goals as defined in the sales and marketing plan.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist during preparation of the yearly revenue & expense budget.
- To actively contribute to the Department’s financial and administrative activities to ensure that yearly revenue budgets are surpassed.
- To prepare and submit relevant administration tasks in a timely and accurate manner such as sales call schedules, sales call reports and monthly reports to the DOS.
- To participate in preparing the sales action plans, attend sales meetings; develop new ideas such as special packages, programs, promotional activities undertaken by sales department, F&B, spa and other hotel revenue centres.
- To work closely with the sales team in the preparation of personal sales goals on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and to complete a report and analysis at the end of each month.
- To solicit existing and potential customers and follow up established accounts on regular basis by personal contact, by phone and by correspondence.
- To set up appointments and make personal sales calls, telemarketing and site inspections to all existing and potential accounts.
- To follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superior.
- To negotiate with all customers and send out offers/contracts regarding individual and group business.
- To follow the sales and marketing results and propose corrective actions if needed.
- To explore industry related data, new developments, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centers, new projects which all could be interest and benefit of the hotel and to distribute this information to colleagues
- To entertain decision makers of accounts in the F&B outlets of the hotel and to take part in promotional activities with them.
- To keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, themed events etc.) To also explore and compare business traffic (who is accommodating guests in which hotel) amongst the competitors.
- To bring ideas and participate in the preparations of the promotional theme events, other promotional activities and invitation lists.
- To handle individual requests personally, when necessary,
- To maintain an efficient customer database system (OPERA) which is essential in generating sales activities report.
- To update customers with the latest developments in the hotel and inform hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- To participate in preparing the sales action plans, attend sales meetings, develop new ideas such as special packages, programs, promotional activities undertaken by sales department, F&B, spa and other hotel revenue centres.
- To take part in sales training programs, trade fairs / shows, sales blitzes and fam trips assigned by department head.
- To have updated information of the latest developments in the hotel including all activities, promotions, rates of the property and the competition.
- To keep department superiors informed of all changes in the customer profile.
- To prepare & present a weekly sales activity report to the Department and Division heads. Weekly report will include all past week activities and plan for the curent week to include sales calls, site inspections, fam trips, new agencies, meetings, entertainment and other functions, covering information about the company, their comments, requirements, complaints of their customers etc.
- To keep the DOS promptly and fully informed of all problems or concerns so that corrective action can be taken on time.
- To adhere to the Department and Hotel’s standard operating procedures (SOP’s)
- To ensure strict confidentiality of information in the Department and Hotel.
- To accomplish any additional work assigned by the DOS.
- Good understanding of lifestyle market
- Good understanding of all hotel departments
- Professional sales and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative and confident, with a highly energetic personality
- Creative, motivated and manages stress gracefully
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to move strategy to action
- Adaptable to change of strategy, ideas, systems etc.
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Pro-active, takes initiative and independent
- Well-organized & ability to work and follow systems and procedures
- Guest service oriented
- Efficient multi-tasker
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a sales position, preferably at lifestyle hotel
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel Management / Business Administration
- Strong knowledge of Opera & Microsoft Office
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region
- Fluency in English, written & spoken
- Fluence in other language is an advantage.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS