Serco Middle East is looking to hire Safety and Assurance Officer for its Dubai Airports FM Contract. Serco Middle East has partnered with Dubai Airports to deliver Facilities Management (FM) services for the Airports. FM services for the airport’s Terminal 1 and Terminal 2, as well as its cargo and ancillary buildings are provided by Serco. Serco Middle East continues to be a partner of choice as we excel in building strong client relationships founded on quality of service, innovation and trust.
The key purpose of the role is to support the Contract operational teams, and Portfolio Safety Assurance Manager in assuring Safety and Assurance compliance within the contract. To provide administration of Safety and Assurance management systems, programmes and initiatives in the contract, ensuring consultation and communication amongst employees and management
- Assist in implementing the Serco Management System (SMS) and IFS Integrated Management System (IMS) including policies, procedures and processes.
- Make recommendations for improvement to the Management Systems to ensure compliance and document evidence of continual improvement supporting the ISO certifications for contracts where applicable.
- Identifying and communicating new or changing legal requirements, codes of practice and other reference materials required to be entered into the legal register to ensure legislative compliance.
- Assist in the development and delivery of the Divisional Safety and Assurance objectives and action plans and ensure understanding and delivery of these within the Contract. Report on progress regularly to the Portfolio and Sector management team
- Conduct regular safety inspections and tours to identify areas for improvement, provide written feedback on actions required by the business to improve compliance.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Solid understanding of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS18001 standards
- Personal integrity and personal values consistent with Serco’s governing principles.
- Knowledge of FM working environments
- Holder of a NEBOSH Certificate in occupational health and safety or similar OSH qualification
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.