General Information About Institution
The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is an independent co-education institution of Higher Education that provides an integrated American-style, undergraduate and graduate education. All programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education of the UAE; additionally, it is accredited by the U.S. regional accreditation association, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The American model of higher education ensures not only skills in specific academic fields, but also a general education curriculum that exposes students to new ideas and ways of thinking critically about local and global issues. The multicultural student body at AURAK offers candidates the opportunity to teach and conduct research in one of the most diverse countries in the world. AURAK is a young and rapidly growing university. AURAK is located in Ras Al Khaimah, one of the Northern Emirates and a rapidly growing region. The beauty of Ras Al Khaimah is reflected in its traditions and diverse landscapes — its white sandy beaches, the majestic Hajjar Mountains, the expansive desert and its sands dunes, and the many historical sites.
The position will occupy a variety of roles overseeing student support initiatives and student well-being including, but not limited to, 1) monitoring students placed on academic sanction as assigned, 2) acting as an advocate for students who require academic or non-academic accommodations, 3) securing counseling and support services for students facing documented difficulties- professional and/or private and 4) maintaining a student friendly and student accessible environment to encourage utilization of services.
- Monitoring students placed on academic sanction.
- Acting as an advocate for students who require academic or non-academic accommodations.
- Securing counseling and support services for students facing documented personal or professional difficulties.
- Maintaining a student friendly and student accessible environment to encourage utilization of services.
Minimum Qualification and Education
- Master’s degree in psychology, education, or related discipline
- Essential: Able to operate independently
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with confidentiality requirements.
- Advanced computer skills (specifically Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. & Publisher).
- Ability to build positive and effective relationships across the campus with students, faculty & staff.
- Independent thinking and problem solving requiring minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to diversity.
- Experience working in multicultural and multinational environments.
- Able to complete tasks efficiently in a self-supervised environment.
- Independent problem solver.
- Two years of experience in the field of student support services.
- Language proficiency required
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Service Excellence-
- Professional Ethics and Integrity-
- Time Management-
Associate Provost – Office of Enrollment Management
Applications must include:
- Current resume that contains names and contact information for at least three professional references
- Cover letter detailing experiences and qualifications that are aligned with the requirements for the position
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of university coursework completed.
Please create an account in order to apply for this job