Operation of hydrocarbon process plant and equipment from a Central Control Room via DCS/SCADA system. Remote control of incoming well fluids, gas/liquid separation, water handling, gas treatment, condensate stabilisation, cryogenic fractionation and gas compression systems by monitoring and adjusting level, pressure, temperature and flow parameter within clearly defined safe operating envelopes. Start-Up and Shut-down of process trains and equipment during normal operations and emergencies. Monitoring of plant process identifying, correcting and reporting anomalies which may impact on plant ability to deliver Gas, LPG and Condensate contractual obligations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with PTW system within given area of responsibility
- Ensures compliance to all HSE policies and procedures
- Remotely control all process systems from DCS/SCADA panels for defined area of responsibility
- Prepare process systems for shut-down from DCS/SCADA panels for defined area of responsibility
- Prepare process systems for start-up following re-instatement from DCS/SCADA panels for defined area of responsibility
- Remote monitoring of all process parameters ensuring optimum plant performance. Special Requirement any deviations from normal operating conditions to Process Supervisor/Operations Superintendent
- Directs and coordinates movements/actions of lead process and process operators during day to day operational activities.
- Maintains regular communication with external agencies, (Power Stations), regarding gas export and pipeline conditions.
- Application and removal of process/F&G system overrides and inhibits.
- Accurate log and recordkeeping on process events & equipment running hours.
- Understands own responsibility with facility ERP.
- Completion of process plant reading sheets within given area of responsibility.
- Gives and receives written and verbal handover at shift change.
- Reports to the Process Supervisor on all issues relating to plant.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all the staff.
- Continues to develop own professional expertise through on-the-job training.
- Provides input into development of LN’s in Control Room Operations.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required:
- Recognized qualification in chemical or process operations.
- Minimum Professional Experience Required
- 10+ years in hydrocarbon processing operations, 4 of which should have been in a Central Control Room
- Good understanding of distillation and gas treatment processes. (LPG Plant knowledge desirable).
- Good knowledge of gas compression and gas engines
- Understanding and experience of Fire and Gas systems
- Understanding and experience of Process Control Systems
- Understanding of Emergency Response Duties