At Digital14, we are currently on the lookout for a Performance Tester. The Performance Tester will need to ensure that the overall Performance test work-stream spanning all aspects of the delivery (including software, hardware, equipment, IT etc.) are meeting customer requirements/ industry standards and that the test deliverables meet both timeline and quality standards. The Performance Tester will work closely with the Performance Test Lead. To fulfil this role you must understand thoroughly understand the disciple of Performance testing and how to effectively implement a testing process within a project or programme.
The Performance Tester Is Responsible For
- Manage performance testing activities across the full development lifecycle; from requirements gathering though to test execution, as part of the wider approach to QA and performance engineering
- Own and liaise all Performance test activities with appropriate Development, DevOps, Product, Architecture and support teams
- The defining of the Performance testing scope within the context of each project delivery
- Working in complex and highly integrated technical environments within agile and DevOps product teams
- The Scripting and Execution of Performance testing within the project framework
- The planning, deployment and management of the testing effort for any given project/release
- Understand, review and/or define operational acceptance criteria to ensure alignment to the OAT activities for new services and systems.
- Implement appropriate measurements and metrics
- Technical understanding of design and system architecture.
- To ensure that the project testing team and the project as a whole clearly understands what is and what is not being tested for the current deployment.
Skills And Experience
- Using object-orientating programming, such as Java, to develop performance tests. Implementing tools like JMeter, LoadRunner and other industry leading technologies. Using tools like App Dynamics, Dynatrace, Solarwinds and Nagios/Grafana for application monitoring
- Setting up performance tests from requirements gathering through to test execution, using performance test to anticipate issues that might arise during different load conditions
- Ensuring integration of performance testing with the automation test approach and analysing NFRs, technical designs and business requirements
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with multiple delivery partners and actively engaging stakeholders
- Developing yourself and the wider team through a range of activities that achieve current business goals, help to meet future challenges and build a capacity for change
- Strong knowledge of the SDLC and experience with agile test methodology.
- Be able to communicate at all levels and implement effective leadership & testing techniques.
- ISTQB certification is desirable