We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
Raffles the Palm
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world’s largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for following up to materialize the budgeted revenues of all segments. The position focuses on hotel’s national and international accounts in terms of individual bookings.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain confidentiality in regards to payroll related information.
- Keep track of overtime forms from every department and ensure that the forms are issued and authorized/signed by respective Department Head and Senior Management.
- Follow up with HR in regards to attendance records and insure the absence has been entered correctly into the HR Admin module before the cut-off date each month.
- Collect and verify basic payroll information from approved payroll documents such as status change form, new joiner form and payroll allowances and deduction forms.
- Co-ordinate with HR Department on matter concerning employees’ basic pay including end of service and vacation, allowances, deductions and all other benefits such as air tickets.
- Post the monthly service charge paid-outs and verify the posted balance to the distribution sheet.
- Post the monthly tips and various commission (i.e. upsell and Spa) paid-outs and verify the posted balance to the distribution sheet.
- Ensure that all garnishments and payroll advances are deducted in a timely manner and reconciled accordingly.
- Ensure that vacation, EOS (End of Service) and Air Ticket entitlements and accruals are in accordance with the HR document and employee’s contract.
- Produce a monthly basic pay reconciliation vs. previous month.
- Compute and ensure the accuracy of the payroll register and submit to Director of Finance, Director of HR and GM and for approval.
- Prepare the bank salary transfer letters and manual payroll cheques and submit to Director of Finance and GM and for approval.
- Prepare the following monthly journal entries and submit to Director of Finance the latest by the first day of the month:
- Print and distribute pay slips after payroll has been debited from the hotel’s bank account.
- Track and maintain vacation outstanding and lieu days outstanding.
- Submit monthly outstanding vacation and lieu days to all Department Heads.
- Maintain the payroll system and make recommendation for improvements.
- Provide any other reports as requested by management.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by management.
- Creativity, Stress Management, Self-Development, Listening and Oral Skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate and organize work flow
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Leadership skills
- Managing, training and instructing skills
- Degree/Diploma in Training and Development or Hotel Management
- Working knowledge of Opera, Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Hotel or Resort and in a similar role.
- Luxury hotel or resort background preferred
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region.