Make a difference every day!
The Job Opportunity
Serco is looking for a Painter to join the team at Dubai Airports FM. The purpose of the position is to ensure satisfactory completion of minor planned and reactive maintenance works across the contract in painting, as required around the project.
- Provide support for the planned and reactive maintenance schedule both internally and externally to the property portfolio to ensure that all building fabric work requirements are undertaken in good time and completed to a high standard.
- Ensure that all works are carried out quickly and quietly and do not interfere or disturb clients and staff.
- Apply paint, vinyl and wallpaper including special papers and fabrics to walls, furniture and structures
- Examine and maintain painted exterior and interior painted surfaces, trimming and fixtures
- Prepare surfaces and apply paints, stains, shading stains, and clear finishes
- Remove previous paint by means of sandblasting, scraping, sanding, hydro-blasting and steam-cleaning
- Inspect and refurbish wall surfaces by means of the appropriate materials
- Determine, cut and apply wallpaper or fabric to walls
- Read blueprints and drawings of the premise for the execution of painting job
- Order paint supplies and materials
- Apply wood finishing by suitably preparing surface
- Cover interior walls and ceilings with wallpaper or fabric.
- Operate and maintain high pressure low volume spray machines\
- Submit finished work orders to supervisor
- Provide assistance to semi-skilled or unskilled workers
- Operate and maintain various power and manual tools
- Maintain logs of Volatile Organic Compound and spray volume
- Follow established protection procedures
- Clean up job site after work and return equipment and tools
- Maintain a clean work environment
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Able to foster good relations with colleagues and other departments and be a good team player.
- Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and ability to identify key issues.
- Able to work under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment to meet deadlines.
- Minimum 5 year experience in a building services civil works department in a commercial office building, healthcare or other suitable facilities management environment.
- Technically competent with a clear understanding of building fabric and finishes, associated tools and equipment.
- Proficient and able to demonstrate a complete understanding of civil general maintenance services.
- Must hold relevant and recognized vocational trade qualifications in civil works such as carpentry, masonry, painting, glazing, plastering, carpets and flooring surfaces or equivalent.
- Preferably holder of High School Diploma
- Good level of the English language both written and spoken
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), and SercoUnlimited (Disability). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.