General information about institution
The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is an independent co-education institution of Higher Education that provides an integrated American-style, undergraduate and graduate education. All programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education of the UAE; additionally, it is accredited by the U.S. regional accreditation association, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The American model of higher education ensures not only skills in specific academic fields, but also a general education curriculum that exposes students to new ideas and ways of thinking critically about local and global issues. The multicultural student body at AURAK offers candidates the opportunity to teach and conduct research in one of the most diverse countries in the world. AURAK is a young and rapidly growing university. AURAK is located in Ras Al Khaimah, one of the Northern Emirates and a rapidly growing region. The beauty of Ras Al Khaimah is reflected in its traditions and diverse landscapes — its white sandy beaches, the majestic Hajjar Mountains, the expansive desert and its sands dunes, and the many historical sites.
The Manager of the Center for Executive and Professional Education leads and manages the institution’s executive and professional education courses and certifications within the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah and the wider national community to enhance the university’s community outreach and increase its revenue sources. The post-holder is responsible for administrative oversight of the staff assigned to the Center for Executive and Professional Education and works collaboratively with AURAK’s schools, administrative departments, institutes and centers to generate a profitable corporate education and training enterprise.
Qualification and Education
- Essential: Master’s degree in business administration, marketing, education leadership, curriculum development, economics, or innovation and entrepreneurship, or a related field.
- Desirable: Earned doctorate in business management, marketing, educational leadership, innovation and entrepreneurship, or a related field.
- Essential: Knowledge of and experience in implementing Instructional technology/curriculum design
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing: curriculum development; online and blended learning; labor market analysis; business development; training and development; revenue management and event management.
- Planning, prioritizing, organizing, scheduling, overseeing event logistics, time management, flexibility, multitasking, communication, advocacy, negotiation, analysis and evaluation, proficient in MS Office technology skills
- At least 15 years’ work experience in educational development or business development;
- 5-7 years’ progressive experience in an academic and/or administrative leadership role in a medium to large sized public or private corporation or higher education institution;
- 5-7 years’ expertise in course design/management, qualifications development, marketing, business development and/or related functions.
- Language proficiency required
- Native Language Fluency in English.
- Advanced proficiency in speaking, reading and writing English required;
- Intermediate proficiency in speaking, reading and writing Arabic is an asset.
- Leading with Authenticity
- Ensuring Professional Ethics and Integrity
- Developing Excellence through Continuous Improvement
- Managing Diversity, Inclusiveness and Cultural Authenticity
- Engaging in Collaborations
- Empowering Others
- Building Sustainability
- Associate Provost for Research & Community Services
Please create an account in order to apply for this job