Hilton’s Commercial Services organization is comprised of team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton’s “commercial engine” and are key to Hilton’s ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
Our Customer Solutions Support team is responsible for first line Hotel support of Global Revenue Optimization system (GRO) and other Revenue Management Systems and tools within the Hilton Worldwide global portfolio.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage GRO support activities, design and supervise team processes and deadlines, develop new team member talents to enable revenue optimization of Hilton Worldwide hotels through GRO and Revenue Management toolkits. The position also acts as a Hilton liaison to the Vendor supporting GRO and, assists and works with external departments within the corporation. The role is also responsible for evaluating the quality of GRO knowledge at hotels and drive efforts to identify additional opportunities to increase RevPAR. Examples of duties include managing internal and external team activities and deadlines, supporting revenue management coordinating the development of automated reporting and analysis to optimize Hilton Worldwide. Leading research and studies into new products and methods, interfacing with vendors, corporate personnel, overseeing development and implementation plans to roll out new functionality, and working to define and communicate revenue management philosophies to property personnel and other Hilton Worldwide departments.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead internal and external resources on projects through delegation of tasks as appropriate.
- Provide clear and succinct instructions on what is expected to be delivered and who is responsible for all projects
- Review and action departmental activities and expenses to ensure optimal performance
- Ensure appropriate talent is identified in conjunction with department staffing plans
- Develop and challenge staff into achieve higher levels of professional expertise and career growth
- Work within the departmental budget
- Provide leadership in the liaison with the management/point of contact with IDeaS and other 3rd party providers such as STR and Amadeus.
- Creation of new process development and delivering innovation solutions for new business needs.
- Plan and manage systems development, testing, controls, programs and projects utilizing best practice methodologies to ensure customer satisfaction, project timeliness and maximum effectiveness
- Provide decision support for key stakeholders in the RMCC and Brand revenue management by enabling analytical capabilities
- Provide direction to team members in the performance of their duties by establishing work priorities to achieve departmental objectives
- Lead and participate in analytical department discussions and resolutions regarding important measurement formulations, RM standards and procedures, and property performance evaluation criteria.
- Designs and manages team member processes and deadlines in efforts to assist hotels and train corporate and property personnel.
- Provide oversight for the ongoing development of Key process indicators to ensure operations are operating effectively and efficiently
- Working with key stakeholders in RMCC and Brand Revenue management to ensure proper controls exist to allow the optimization of revenue
- Ensuring compliance with Corporate policies, departmental guidelines and business process best practices through monitoring of teams and properties
- Identification of risks or issues that may have a negative impact on the department’s progression, dates, cost or scope.
- Develop and review Revenue Management Systems release communication to ensure best practices and procedures and Revenue teams are informed of changes
- Determine the staffing needs and overseeing the recruiting, selecting, hiring, development and exits of team members
Direct Reports: None
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Collaborative and organized teammates, who build positive relationships and trust
- Creative thinkers, who strive to gain the latest knowledge of hospitality industry trends, competitive pricing, and new product offerings
- Multi-taskers, who manage multiple projects and priorities with a cool-head under time constraints, effectively executing concurrent demands
- Persuasive communicators, who will positively influence Hilton’s partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, utilizes analytical skills, and possesses adaptability to change
- Accountable individuals, who effectively communicate results and recommend improvements
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demand and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Consistently demonstrates Hilton values of Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership, and Now.
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED or experience in Lieu of
- Significant professional work experience in a related field
- Skilled with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SQL
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree
- Work experience in the travel industry, distribution systems, project management, or technical development roles
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently
- Experience in an IT support role preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of revenue systems and other OnQ systems, and Revenue Analysis tools
- Ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to develop problem solving skills among team members as appropriate
- Ability to learn new systems and processes with ease
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!