We are looking for a logistics officer with following roles and responsibilities:
- Overseeing all supply chain operations.
- Organizing and managing inventory, storage, and transportation.
- Analyzing and optimizing logistical procedures.
- Reviewing, preparing, and routing purchase orders.
- Ensuring the safe and timely pick-up and delivery of shipments.
- Monitoring shipments, costs, timelines, and productivity.
- Addressing and resolving shipment and inventory issues.
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers and retailers.
- Answering customer queries.
- Provide guidance on general management of fleet, transportation and distribution.
- Strengthen standardization and enforcement of fleet management procedures, guidelines and processes.
- Ensure that all organization’s motor vehicles are properly maintained and insured in accordance with the set policies.
- Promote and spearhead safety driving of motor vehicles in the organization.
- Management of the disposal process company vehicles in accordance with the company disposal policy.
- Analyse vehicle status and cost upkeep, provide recommendations on vehicle disposal and replacement.
- Schedule driver’s on various routes
- Develop a strategy for decreasing vehicle cost
- Encourage driver’s to create the most efficient routes
- Create reports of driver’s effectiveness
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Degree in business administration, logistics or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in logistics management required.
- Working knowledge of legal regulations and ISO requirements.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and logistics software.
- Good management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.