To manage the load control of Etihad flights in co-ordination with various stakeholders, government departments and service providers; ensuring regulatory and company standards are upheld with the ultimate target of delivering; operational excellence, compilation of critical and legal flight paperwork, ensuring the safe departure of every aircraft and providing exceptional internal customer service To produce legal weight and balance and other accountable aircraft documentation as required.
- Perform all aircraft Weight and Balance and Documentation activities for EY and/or OAL on a shift basis for arriving and departing aircraft at Abu Dhabi International Airport. Ensure the provision of an accurate and punctual service to all airlines and that activities conform to legal and safety requirements as outlined by various regulatory bodies such as IATA, DCA, FAA, JAROPS, Aircraft Manufacturers, Airline Weight and Balance manuals etc. time departure can be achieved whilst continually delivering exceptional service.
- Responsible for providing the Captain, Flight Operations and all Airlines with required information such as estimated zero fuel weight for flight planning purposes and final zero fuel weight figures immediately upon flight closure to enable maximum fuel uplift and trim fuel transfer within ground time as stipulated by the airline.
- Accountable for key operational and last minute changes that affect the turnaround, such as the offloading of cargo, guests and/or their baggage to ensure that the Etihad flight schedule (OTP) is maintained, whilst at the same time ensuring excellent 2-way communication with load planning in order that the Loading Instruction Report (LIR) and final Loadsheet are 100% accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- Identify and recommend improvements to procedures and/or standards of safety and security to EY operations management through on-going relationships with aircraft handling companies, such as fuelling companies, EASG and flight catering.
- Optimize aircraft load factor and balance by creating efficiencies through the use of different ULD hold versions and weight / load distributions. (ULD hold versions vary from one flight to another and can range from 10 to 200 ULD hold versions depending on the aircraft type).
- Ensure a full brief is given to the Aircraft Dispatcher relating to all on load activity and any special loads. Identify order of offload affecting all flights particularly ultra-long haul and restricted weight aircraft.
- Report events post departure in a professional and thorough manner, reaching balanced conclusions on accountability for delays and lapses in operational performance. Ensure that the flight destination city is informed quickly of the flight departure and any failings to EY process during the turnaround.
- Accountable for loadplanning various a/c types in accordance with current company (and other airlines) weight and balance rules and guidelines; from flight creation and estimating zero fuel weights, to the production of the final Loadsheet and other necessary a/c documentation.
- Responsible for the production and timely sending of all post flight messages such as CPM’s, LDM’s and UCM’s.
Education & Experience
- Educated to secondary school level preferably with Maths and/or a Science qualification.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position (load control/dispatch) working at a major international airport.
Training & Knowledge
- Strong focus on safety.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Training in Dangerous Goods, aircraft weight and balance, ramp and passenger handling.
- Computer literate and fluent in English language.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Load control capability on various aircraft types.
- Qualifications in leadership / coaching skills would be advantageous.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 to bring “Abu Dhabi to the World”. Over the years, we have grown into Etihad Aviation Group, a diversified global aviation and travel company, which is one of the world’s most acclaimed industry brands.
Our airline flies to over 84 destinations with a fleet of over 100 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, serving 18.6 million passengers a year and carrying 682,000 tonnes of cargo in 2018.