Job Title: Junior Software Developer
Department/ College: Office of Information and Technology
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so qualified.
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
The Junior Software Developer is responsible for supporting, maintaining, upgrading, and troubleshooting AU’s Application, or any other software that may integrate with. S/he should be knowledgeable in Microsoft .NET technology; Microsoft Visual Studio development system; server technologies—Microsoft SQL Server Database, Reporting Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has a thorough understanding of the product from both a functional and technical perspective, including a comprehensive understanding of the implementation methodologies for the technology being utilized in product development, such as .NET or Java Framework.
- Works with Head of the team to ensure full understanding of the change implications to current business processes, and should be able to participate in every aspect of the development and implementation.
- Designs and builds product deliverables according to specifications; escalates technical design or specification issues to the Head of Team, and works within a given timeframe to complete coding.
- Diagnoses and repairs software problems or bugs, and assist clients with technical problems, and help to resolve those problems.
- Follows good development practices and software development life cycle methodologies throughout the product development.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in IT/ Computer Science or any related field.
- Good English and Arabic verbal and written communication skills.
- Good skills in troubleshooting and customer service.
- Knowledge in asp.NET, preferable knowledge with X++.
- Minimum of 3 year’s extensive working experience in software development, scripting, and project management.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g. Python, C++) and the Java/J2EE platform.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases.
- Familiarity with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.