The helpdesk coordinator is responsible for providing support and assistance to the users by troubleshooting the technical issues and providing the appropriate resolutions for the same. S/he researches the basic cause of the problem and makes sure that it does not reoccur frequently. S/he escalates the problem to the next level if s/he is unable to resolve it at his/her level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers all the requests received through phone, emails, etc., and ensures that there is proper delivery of the services as per the rules and regulations of the Office IT at AU as well as by abiding by its quality standards.
- Recognizes the problem areas and gathers the relevant information.
- Records all the calls in the Ticketing systems, assigns the proper engineer/ technician to the tasks, either created through emails or phone calls.
- Recommends adjustments to meet the end users’ requirements and assists in determining, maintaining, analyzing, identifying and monitoring the issues related to problem management.
- Follows up on the pending cases/tickets, and escalates them to the team leader, in case of delay than the resolving timeframe.
Report to: Director of IT and Senior IT Helpdesk Supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in IT/ Computer Science or any related field.
- Good English and Arabic verbal and written communication skills.
- Good skills in troubleshooting and customer service.
- Minimum of 2 year’s extensive working experience in computer systems and customer service practices
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications
- Have good computer skills with in-depth knowledge of software, hardware, etc.
- An outgoing and confident person with a pleasant voice.
- Eager and willing to help people to sort out their problems.
- Multitasking ability and should be ready to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills would prove to be an advantage.
- Able to follow the given instructions carefully and should be comfortable working in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills with effective organization and management skills.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort is required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- The position may entail work after duty hours, on weekends, holidays and in an emergency (i.e. may be subject to “on-call” responsibilities)