The Job Opportunity
This role will manage the Training Academy on behalf of the Sharjah DCA. The main purpose is to ensure that all aspects of the Training Department are run efficiently, effectively and in line with rules and regulations applicable to the GCAA, SERCO and DCA Sharjah. Part of your role is the management of all aspects of ANS standards and operational training (OJT) within the ANS Department, by provision and maintenance of standards and OJT programmes for ATCOs and ATCAs and other ATS personnel. This will include the training to both UAE Nationals as well as experienced expat ATCOs.
- Ensure training of all the ATCOs in accordance with GCAA rules and regulations;
- Ensure the Training Academy is managed in accordance with GCAA regulations and guidelines
- Liaise with CATSM/HoO for the selection of appropriate ATCOs as OJTIs/LCEs and ensure that the OJTIs and LCEs are checked in accordance with the GCAA rules and that their performances are kept under strict supervision
- Ensure that all the Emergency Continuation Training is carried out in a timely manner and in accordance with the rules of the GCAA
- Update ATC Licence s of all the ATC Officers in accordance with GCAA rules including signage after issuance
- Ensure that any newly appointed ATCOs are scheduled with an OJTI and that he/she receives comprehensive training and is thereafter checked out by the appropriate authority (LCE/ATC Examiner)
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Ability to achieve excellent standards of customer service, quality and attention to detail, supporting the growth of the airport and the increasing complexity a larger airport brings;
- Possess excellent communication skills and proactive approach to all work requirements and a team centered ethos;
- Must always have a confident and professional approach which enables effective resolution of conflicts and delivery of relevant solutions;
- Comprehensive knowledge of aviation safety management systems experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of CAR’s and ICAO Rules and Regulations pertaining to the operations and delivery of ATS;
- ATC Examiners, LCE and OJTI Endorsement;
- ATCI Endorsement
- Medical Certificate.
- Maintain ATC licence and Certificate of Competency (CoC)
- Must have Validated aerodrome rating ATC service at an International Airport
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit for more information.