UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
NYUAD offers significant and rewarding opportunities for recently graduated talent, the opportunity to pursue their professional and personal goals.
Ten years ago, NYU Abu Dhabi opened with an ambitious vision to be one of the world’s great research universities addressing complex challenges of local and global significance. Since then, the University has established more than 80 faculty labs and projects, and 14 distinctive research centers led by accomplished thought leaders from more than 45 countries. Cross-pollination of ideas and investment in state-of-the-art research technologies are key to NYU Abu Dhabi’s continued growth across key interdisciplinary research areas including bio-innovation and health, space exploration, cities, culture and heritage, environmental sustainability, and governance and peace.
Our faculty, staff, and students are a microcosm of Abu Dhabi itself, coming from across the globe to add their own flavor into this fertile cultural mix, united in a common belief in the value of a liberal arts education, of the benefits a research university brings to society, a conviction that interaction with new ideas and people who are different is valuable and necessary, and a commitment to educating true citizens of the world. As a center for scholarly thought, advanced research, and knowledge creation and exchange, there are few places like it.
The Graduate Fellow will be placed in a pre-defined department within the organization which is in line with their professional interests, and will be under the supervision of a HR representative and the departmental assigned peer buddy. Over the course of 12 months the individual will be trained and developed to take on a junior professional level role within the respective department upon completion of the program. During the development program, the Fellow will go through a thorough and exciting learning journey which is managed by a comprehensive and detailed Training Plan.
The Fellow will be expected to participate and complete technical and role specific training and certifications (where appropriate), IT skills, along with soft and business skills to assist them develop the necessary skills and capabilities to be successful in their future roles. These activities will require the Fellow to use their skills in research, analysis, planning and development. The program’s curriculum will be in line with the scope of the departmental goals and objectives towards the greater vision of New York University Abu Dhabi and will involve problem solving, subject analysis, primary and secondary research, project work, document production and liaison across departments in order to complete the assigned tasks and training.
This is a paid fellowship and Graduate Fellows will be entitled to NYUAD compensation and benefits as detailed in the Compensation and Benefits Handbook which can be found on the NYUAD Careers page.
Deadline for Applications: Saturday, June 13 2021
- Undertake specific projects as assigned in the Training Plan, complete phases and components within agreed timelines
- Complete all relevant milestones and training as outlined in the individual development areas within the Training plan
- Achieve target results in classroom, online and certification training to ensure continued learning and development
- Successful completion of all work-based projects and tasks as assigned
- Complete project based learning, including
- Participate and attend virtual and face to face training, and implement learnings in project activity
- Adherence to all 1:1 monthly scheduled meeting to discuss feedback from supervisor and HRBP (Human Resource Business Partner)
- Build and manage relationships within respective teams and coordinate the required actions in order to complete the assigned projects
- Ensure adherence to working hours, punctuality and time-off guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA minimum of 3.0
- IELTS certification of a minimum of 6.0
- Please note candidates who do not meet the minimum required education cannot be considered for the Program
- As this is a graduate program, candidates must only have a maximum of 1-year professional experience post graduation. Candidates with more than 1 year professional work experience cannot be considered for the program
- Internship or school organized form of work experience
- Flexible and committed
- Passion for learning
- Proactive and able to work without supervision
- Self motivated and resourceful
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion.