The incumbent is responsible for leading corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives. He/she is responsible for
- advising senior management with respect to the legal implications of all major decisions, strategies and transactions of the Company
- negotiating or reviewing and approving all material contracts and agreements between the Company and its shareholders or employees or any third party
- coordinating and overseeing the activities of inside legal function representing the Company with respect to potential risks or claims (e.g., employment law compliance, employee benefits, intellectual property rights and obligations, and insurance coverage issues) and outside counsel representing the Company with respect to asserted claims or legal proceedings.
- and providing advice and counsel to senior management with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation and seeking to ensure compliance with all policies and minimization of risks to the Company
- Provide legal support across all lines of business enabling profitable growth while mitigating legal risks and assure adherence to governance policies, ethics, and country specific laws and regulations
- Counsels the Senior Management and other management with respect to the legal implications of the Company’s major decisions, strategies and transactions.
- Reduces the likelihood for inappropriate, unnecessary or costly institutional liability in contractual agreements and terms or business arrangements by reviewing and/or preparing contracts and other legal documents for execution by or on behalf of the Company
- Serves as key lawyer/legal advisor on all major business transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Provides day-to-day advice and counsel to Company management and senior administrative staff with respect to matters of Company policy, risk management and, in conjunction with designated loss prevention and ethics specialists, professional responsibility matters.
- Draft, review, and negotiate major and/or non-standard technology contracts with public and private sector customers.
- Bachelor’s in law (Specialization in Corporate / Commercial Law preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a corporate setting developing and implementing corporate legal affairs policies