Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 700 stores, 300 brands, and 60 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation’s growth, we are looking to develop a world class digital and e-commerce capability. Building on our strong data foundations, we are looking to create an agile and truly customer-centric organisation to deliver significant growth. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
As the ecommerce transformation lead, you will champion the creation of a truly omnichannel organisation. Reporting to the chief ecommerce officer, you will ensure everyone in the Group is brought along on the journey. You will be responsible for:
- Shaping the strategy on how to transform the Group to be truly omnichannel
- Initiating activities that will educate people about ecommerce and digital
- Sharing best practices and standardising the Group’s approach to ecommerce
- Developing a community of omnichannel specialists across the organisation
- Working with HR to standardise job descriptions and competency frameworks
- Supporting recruitment efforts to ensure we are attracting the best global talent
- Owning the comms calendar for the team, keeping our stakeholders up to date
- Working with Finance to track the team’s budget, expenditures, and overall ROI
- Bringing external knowledge and best practices into the Group via partnerships
- Promoting the Group’s industry reputation in the field of digital & ecommerce
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Natural leader who can inspire people from diverse backgrounds to collaborate
- Excellent communicator able to explain technical topics in an engaging manner
- Ability to execute complex programs of work with a wider variety of stakeholders
- Strong interest in digital & ecommerce and how they relate to physical retail
- A hunger to deliver true transformational change. This role is not for the timid!
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.