RAK Academy is seeking a dynamic and committed Director of Finance to join us for the Academic Year in 2021-2022.Over the past five years RAK Academy Family of Schools has undergone rapid transformation and our reputation for high academic achievement and for developing internationally minded, global learners, is well established. We are highly regarded throughout the UAE and our five schools within the beautiful emirate of Ras Al Khaimah provide both IB and British curriculum learning pathways.
To be a business partner to the leadership and Board of RAK Academy from the financial and administration perspective by providing advisory support, ensuring financial governance and compliance, budgeting, forecasting and reporting along with routine financial accounting, administration of the school, human resource development and supply chain management.
- Manage and direct day-to-day activities of the Finance team to ensure timely delivery of activities.
- Provide ongoing career development, support and coaching for direct reports.
- Provide feedback to team, and identify need based training requirements for direct reports.
- Facilitate and coordinate training programs for the team.
- Oversight and management of the procurement department.
- Coordinate final and interim audits in liaison with internal and external auditors and ensure statutory audit is conducted and concluded in time and in compliance to applicable accounting standards.
- Oversee the preparation and publication of periodic and ad-hoc financial reports and variance analysis in a timely manner and present financial information to executive management and/or Board of Directors for review and decision making.
- Review reports, exhibits and other supporting schedules that detail RAK Academy safety and soundness, compliance with laws and regulations, and recommended solutions to financial conditions to be addressed.
- Organize and prepare audit and finance committees meetings.
- Keep abreast of the developments in the concerned sector/ industry/ business segment, current developments in the IFRS and their applicability to RAK Academy Financials
- Keep abreast with applicable rules and regulations relating to schools and ensure compliance.
- Explore opportunities to improve efficiency and optimise the supply chain.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a high performing academy of schools in Ras Al Khaimah, a beautiful emirate north of Dubai.
A detailed Job description will be provided to shortlisted candidates.
The candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CA/ ACCA/ CPA from a recognized professional institution.
- 12 plus years’ post qualification work experience preferable with a stint in a Big four and in a similar role in the education sector (international school).
- Well versed with IFRS and its practical implementation.
- Experience in Independent handling of Financials & Budgeting.
- Be able to understand and interpret the accounting implications of various transactions and provide accounting advise on various transactions.
- Experience of managing teams, internal projects, project management and supply chain management.
- Prior experience in a school education environment up to K-12 education is essential.
The school offers:
- Tax-free salary including housing allowance.
- Annual travel allowance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Medical insurance for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Visas for self, spouse and for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
- Free education for up to two (2) dependent children aged 18 years and below.
To apply for this position please use ‘QUICK APPLY’
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone a child protection screening to receive an offer of employment. You will be required to provide a Police Verification Check from your home country along with attestation of your qualifications’ and personal documents e.g. Degree, Marriage Certificate etc. The list of checks will be provided to candidates shortlisted for an interview.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RAK Academy reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process.
Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions, only candidates selected for a first interview will be contacted within twenty-one (21) days of the closing date for applications.