Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English
The next 5-10 years will see the software industry move away from on-premise software solutions towards software delivery via cloud based services. Oracle number one strength is the size and strength of our software portfolio to which most of the business world is already addicted.
Our vision is to bring this to the Cloud from our app server and development tools to our dataset and people management software. We already have the core infrastructure that all of this is built on.
The future is about providing higher level services that companies can more quickly consume. Oracle poses an interesting concern for companies, they are not worried about us catching them on the EC2 side, they are worried more about Oracle ‘s enterprise customer base and the unique opportunity to convert those customers to cloud.
Oracle plans to manoeuvre the entire company’s tech focus to provide this.
Are you an experienced Data Centre Technician that has experience in data centre design/operation, racking, stacking , hardware break fix and everything in between? Interested in new challenges and being part of a newly created team working on critical projects? Then we’d like to talk to you!
An Oracle Data Centre Technician will be the technical liaison between the technology teams and the Data Centre Environment. You are able to troubleshoot and solve all but the most complex infrastructure issues. As a skilled troubleshooter on a wide range of Data Centre environment and systems you understand which issues to escalated to the appropriate resolver groups. You create and maintain documentation on technologies you support. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. You know how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also know how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved. Expected to improve current processes, and introduce automation with aim towards simplification.
You are able to execute small projects on your own and work with your manager in planning and executing larger local projects. You understand all aspects of the equipment you support. Some travel will be involved. This position involves working on a 24/7 shift rota system 365 days per year.
Employment for all candidates is contingent upon satisfactory background checks.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems OR equivalent work experience
- Recent graduates are encouraged to apply if they can demonstrate interest and knowledge in the position and a willingness to learn on the job – gap year students also considered
- Min 3 years of experience in IT Infrastructure support and server administration in a mid-sized environment (200 – 1000+ server systems).
- Min 3 years experience of data centre M&E equipment
- Demonstrated examples of a drive to dig into the details of a system or process to solve customer problems
- Experience working in a mission critical operations environment
- The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 25Kg and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations
- Ability to speak confidently & communicate clearly in a virtual environment
- Strong Adherence to process and be process champion (including drafting new processes or challenging shortcomings in existing)
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written) and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers and staff
- Experience providing client-facing, direct customer support and service.
- Ability to work productively in remote cross-functional teams or resourcefully and independently as an individual
- Highly service-oriented, reliable, responsible, self-motivated
- Fluent in English
Required Data Centre experience
- Thorough understanding of data centre design, including electrical and cooling plant & operation thereof
- Airflow management (hot aisle, cold aisle, containment etc.)
- Rack, stack equipment including commissioning of new racks
- Strong structured cabling skills on fibre & copper (e.g looming, term & test)
Required systems & hardware expertise
- Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows Servers)
- Hardware repair, diagnosis & break / fix
- Networking fundamentals (DNS, TCP/IP, basic troubleshooting)
- IT Hardware Concepts (RAID, SAN, x86 architecture, SCSI, FC, ethernet, iLO)
- Base Operating System Installs and configuration
- Core OS Services: SSH, Telnet, RDP, FTP, NFS, DNS, DHCP etc.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Act as data centre SME liaison to other technical teams & non-technical teams (e.g networking, compute, compliance, business operations)
- Understand internal customer problem and provide technical solution in timely manner
- Participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all production server hardware, software
- System board level repair and fault diagnosis to SLAs
- Planning & commissioning new rack positions
- Involvement with the design & commissioning of new whitespaces
- Structured cabling installation is a significant part of this position
- Keep up with the latest technologies and be apply to apply them appropriately
- Adherence to defined Health & Safety processes at all times
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team without friction
Is this the challenge you are looking for ? If you meet the above requirements, we want to talk to you.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
- Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity. Propose client configuration and implement technical solutions to enhance and/or troubleshoot the system. Work with others to define, coordinate vendor purchase needs. Responsible for support documentation as well.
- Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).