Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you’ll be doing
At Chalhoub, we share leading brands with the world. As a category manager you will be responsible for defining and driving the “offer” and purchasing strategy for different products categories and brands. You will also define the action plan for the categories, merchandising, promotional activities, prices and negotiations.
- Develop the business plan of the Department in line with the strategic objectives of the Brand
- Formulate and communicate the Department performance objectives and continuously monitor progress and alignment towards strategic objectives
- Develop the Department policies and procedures in order to ensure the fulfilment of organizational requirements
- Oversee the operations of the Department, provide expertise, encourage teamwork and facilitate related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and staff pride in contribution
- Monitor the yearly budget of the Department and control expenditure to ensure optimal use
- Define the offer strategy for the stores in the designated area in alignment with the brand’s values
- Validate the strategy with the GM/Captain
- Negotiate annual commercial agreements and the commercialization of advertising spaces with the brands
- Drive the development of the margin and the budgetary objectives
Category Performance Management:
- Benchmark current performance vs. the competition and the peer market
- Create different tools to improve the categories’ performance
- Manage segmentation, seasonal activities, action plans for the stores; follow up on the results
- Manage the existing catalogue, optimising on the mix at the points of sale
- Identify the products with potential and research new products
- Develop a wide range of services (skincare – make up – lessons – etc.) to be adapted to each category
- Prepare the periodic category reviews
- Create partnerships with the brands and follow up on the results
- Handle the negotiations with existing and potential partners
- Optimize the merchandising plan and the allocation of space vs. the volume of margin
- Develop new merchandising aids, tools, and new concepts
- Coordinate new openings (Brands/Merchandising/Promotions) or refitting of sales areas
- Register newly imported brands to the market, in compliance with the regulations of each country
- Benchmark current pricing vs. the competition and the peer market
- Recommend adjustments on the pricing policy to the GM/Captain
- Handle the production of the annual calendar for the brands promotions, launches, etc.
- Assess the requirements and coordinate with relevant internal/external stakeholders (Marketing, Visual Merchandising, Suppliers, Category Managers and Logistics)
- Negotiate with suppliers for the stock returns (discontinued and slow movers)
- Assign individual objectives for employee performance management purposes, manage performance, empower staff, and provide formal and informal feedback in order to support professional development and maximize performance
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum 2 years experience in Category Management within Luxury Beauty, preferably with Niche Fragrance brands
- Ability to negotiate and develop strong working relationships with all functions and departments
- Ability to develop business and scout new brands to bring into the portfolio
- Strong numerical capability and analytical/commercial mindset
- Ability to think outside the box, take initiative to maximize profitability
- Dynamic personality and passion towards the industry
- Must be able to work under pressure
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts. To view all our perks and benefits, click here.