Ready to put your design skills to work on marquee infrastructure projects that will change the fabric of our community? Would you enjoy working closely under other Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design? Parsons is now hiring a Designer/Drafter for our rapidly expanding portfolio of projects. Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your knowledge and developing technical skills will propel your career forward.
We need our Designers at this level typically takes engineering notes, specifications, rough sketches, etc., and formalizes them into working drawings. In this role you will perform basic to moderatelydifficult design/drafting assignments requiring a working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices, and techniques. Assignments are designed to develop a practical knowledge of equipment, facilities, and systems, and their interrelationships within a particular engineering discipline.
- Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare engineering drawings consisting of basic arrangements, layouts, flow sheets, assemblies, isometrics, etc., from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures.
- Utilizes technical manuals and directives to ensure compliance with codes and company policies.
- Becomes familiar with various standards and codes such as ANSI, PFI, and ASME.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Understands how to read orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs and supplier/manufacturer drawings.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- 5+ years of experience working on roads and infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge of CAD
- Working knowledge of other computer software used to complete design assignments
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQ+.