At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and drive people. If you would like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a talented WFS Business Intel Engineer to help manage our ever-growing data & reporting needs and support analytics of an increasingly complex business related to Workforce Staffing (WFS) across the MENA.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will generate insights that will guide operational excellence and business strategy for our customers. Data analysis is at the core Amazon’s culture, and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy for our organization. You will be gathering customer insights, mining data, making recommendations, and helping senior leaders make key business decisions. You will have the opportunity to work with large and diverse data sets to gather insights using data from across Amazon Operations.
The ideal candidates will have excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen and judgment, intense curiosity, strong technical skills, and superior written and verbal communication skills. They will have a strong bias toward data driven decision making. They will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big and be creative (while paying careful attention to detail). Enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. If you are excited about data, are results oriented, and want to join a growing analytics team within Amazon, this role is for you.
- Be part of a high performing team of Business Intelligence Engineers
- Constantly challenging the status quo and proposing alternative solutions to drive the efficiency
- Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support the needs of the business.
- Apply deep analytic and business intelligence skills to extract meaningful insights.
- Be hands-on with ETL to build data pipeline to support automated reporting.
- Serve as liaison between the business and technical teams to achieve the goal of providing actionable insights into current business performance, and ad hoc investigations to support future improvements or innovations. This will require data gathering and manipulation, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Build various data visualizations to tell the story of business trends, patterns, and outliers through rich visualizations.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
- Ability to travel; 10%+ travel expected
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or a related discipline
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence (BI)
- 3+ years of experience with Amazon QuickSight, Tableau Desktop or other relevant data visualization software
- 3+ years of experience in data mining and/or data-set preparation using SQL
- Knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environment. Proficient understanding of data warehousing, data modeling methods.
- Proficient with Python or other relevant scripting language
- 5+ years of experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company.
- Be self-driven, details-oriented, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical team, and senior management as required.
- Familiarity with Amazon’s AWS services including Glue, EC2, S3 and Redshift.
- Experience working in large data warehouse environments