Assists the Engineer to perform Airframe and Engine Maintenance tasks on Air Arabia and Third party aircrafts including inspections, repairs and component replacement, performs and records work up to required standards and in accordance with Air Arabia and regulatory requirements.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Reviews assigned task cards with the Engineer-in-Charge to gain full understanding of the work, priorities, documentation requirements and cautions, prior to starting work.
- Prepares and performs scheduled aircraft maintenance according to assigned task cards, ensuring that the required documentation, parts, tools and GSE are obtained and used per issued instructions.
- Carries out aircraft test and inspection tasks to the standard necessary to fully identify and record any defects or damage in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
- Carries out repairs, component replacements and tests as instructed by assigned task cards fully in accordance with approved data and procedures and as directed by the Engineer-in-Charge.
- Ensures proper tooling / equipment is drawn from stores to perform tasks, returning all of it in good condition following completion of work.
- Regularly reports the status of assigned tasks to the Engineer-in-Charge and alerts him or her to any problems with aircraft condition or with the execution of the work.
- Demonstrates high level of consideration to housekeeping standards in all tasks performed.
- Manages the safety of own assigned maintenance tasks, ensuring all published mandatory precautions are taken prior to commencing work and during task execution.
- Takes positive steps to protect self and other persons in the area of the maintenance activity from any possible injury, including the use of proper GSE and protective equipment.
- Pays attention to human factors aspects of maintenance, ensuring that work interruption procedures are followed and that adequate access and lighting is used for maintenance and inspections.
Reputation and Teamwork
- Internal Customer Service: provides helpful information and support to own team and to other department personnel involved with managing scheduled maintenance checks
- Representing Air Arabia: presents a positive and competent image of technical professionalism to other companies’ personnel and ABY customers.
- Maintains positive awareness to the cost of aircraft maintenance including use of time and materials. Minimises unnecessary waste of consumable material and part repair cost by avoiding unnecessary damage and repeat work during maintenance.
Qualifications (Academic, Training, Languages)
- Qualified and experienced Civil Aircraft Maintenance Technician.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English to a good standard for technical communications.
- Ability to use computer (Microsoft Office).
- Ability to obtain UAE Driver’s License.
- At least 2 years’ experience performing maintenance on large commercial aircraft, preferably Airbus types.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Line/ Base Maintenance environment.
- Able to demonstrate solid basic understanding of Airframe and Engine Maintenance theory and practice.