This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it’s a state of mind.
THE HYDE DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group, today announced the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
Hyde Hotel Dubai Business Bay, a five-star hotel, is set to open in Q4 2021. The 276-rooms, all with balconies, will be a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa – the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai will feature three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property will be The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge.
A spa, male/female salon, fitness center, a swimming pool and retail area. The hotel’s public areas, guestrooms and Cleo will be designed by Ciarmoli Queda Studio.
Speciality Asian Head Chef
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure consistency and highest quality in food taste, temperature and presentation
- Ensure the quality and cleanliness of all food displays with maximum creativity
- Coordinate all Restaurant / Banquet / food production, and all specific duties to chefs and other staff under his/her supervision
- Check all set-ups for restaurant and banquet functions. Responsible for the correct timing during service and that food served is always of the highest standards
- Monitor and implement portion control established with the recipe cards and the butcher test; minimise waste and spoilage
- Check stores and refrigerators and oversee proper storage and recycling of leftovers
- Ensure effective communication among the kitchens and with other departments
- Work closely with receiving and storeroom to ensure received goods meet Hotel’s quality standards specifications
- Supervise food tasting sessions and guide chefs for new menu implementation
- Attend meetings with Executive Chef to discuss future business strategy and review ongoing action plan progress, and other departmental meetings as required
- Update menu recipe cards and menu planning for promotions
- Conduct staff training and on-the-job training on kitchen skills and new menu items
- Guide employee orientation for new hires
- Ensure staff adhere to hotel regulations re: fire, safety and emergency procedures
- Maintain proper controls over purchase orders and requisitions
- Monitor monthly food inventory turnover and slow moving items
- Ensure purchasing, receiving and all storage are efficiently handled
- Review food cost analysis on a daily basis to in line with budget and forecast
Hygiene and Sanitation
- Follow HACCP guidelines and ensure that staff comply with HACCP guidelines
- Works closely with Chief Steward to monitor and ensure that all cleaning is properly conducted and according to schedule
Staffing / Human Relations
- Recommend promotions, transfers of staff to various outlets for Executive Chef approval
- Monitor staff schedules for the assigned outlets
- Conduct section / departmental meetings and staff daily briefings
- Manage staff appraisal process
- Responsible for proper efficiency and profitable functioning of the assigned F&B outlets
- Assign specific duties to all employees, instruct them in their work and communicate with Executive Chef on all aspects of the kitchen management
- Communicate with the Executive Chef on guest-related activities and comments, solving any problems directly, efficiently and effectively to the best of his/her judgment
- Attend all meetings which fall under his/her jurisdiction, follow directives given and advises Executive Chef on topics of importance
- Recommend to Executive Chef changes in kitchen equipment and organizational structure and relays any recommendations from the rest of the kitchen brigade
- Keep ahead of trade practices in the food service industry through trade magazines, competitive surveys and other aids
- Prevent the usage of spoiled or contaminated products in any phase of food preparation and prevent unwell employees from taking part in the preparation or handling of food
- Build guest loyalty and develop professional relationships with regular guests
- Continually improve product and obtain feedback from guest and patrons
- Physically fit
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Knowledge of other languages and basic understanding of local language preferred
- Must have strong culinary experience (international preferred)
- Excellent leadership & supervisory skills with a “hands-on” approach
- Positive attitude and high energy level
- Motivator & self starter; displays initiative & creativity
- Team player and team builder
- Flexible & adaptable to different working locations
- Finance knowledge
- In-depth culinary knowledge
- Completed an internationally recognized apprenticeship, culinary school or certified training program
- Apprenticeship or any other culinary certificate/diploma an advantage
- Minimum 12 year experience in culinary field with at least 5 years experience in an International Class Hotel or high volume operations of a 5-star caliber
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS