Location: Dubai, AE
Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Job Requisition ID: 94089
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
About the Role
This role is responsible for the overall design, delivery, & continuous optimization of the AFG Cloud workloads hosted on the Public Cloud platform. Responsible for creating and employing disaster recovery solutions, lead the continuous improvement initiatives, automation and operational support.
About the Responsibilities
Classic Cloud Workload Design & Delivery
- Designing the underlying Cloud Solutions Architecture of Classic Apps Portfolio. In collaboration with Apps teams from Corporate and LOBs.
- Prepare business cases and estimate cost for solutions, considering existing digital estate, licenses, and support.
- Partner with Enterprise Architecture teams to implement corporate/enterprise platform initiatives.
- Provide cost estimates for technology components as per group standards.
- Liaise with the procurement team to procure the approved project technology components and influence the vendor for timely delivery.
- Contribute to preparation of BRD and RFCs.
- Proactively ensure system performance are within defined performance matrix and highly available.
- System capacity to be maintained at all times for predictive growth.
- Systems are to be secured with latest updates and patches as per the Patch Management Policy
- Execute proactive measures to reduce unplanned downtime.
- Plan and execute DR drills for critical system to ensure business continuity.
- Implement recommendations of Internal Audit as per agreed time line
Workload Governance Management
- Collaborate with Fabric team to communicate insights, requirements, and constraints to inform the design of the Enterprise-wide Cloud Governance Controls
- Ensure compliance of every workload in your purview, to the in-place Cloud Governance Controls. Prioritize the compliance implementation when required, to new controls once approved.
- Contribute, Support Apps Ops domain engineers, and signoff the design & implementation of eventual workload specific governance controls across Security, Identity, Cost Management, Resource Consistency and Delivery Automation & Acceleration.
- Ensure the design, implementation & effectiveness of remediation plans to Workload level, governance compliance drifts.
- As a member of the EIT Governance Committee, support the committee members with the required documentation, reports and education to ensure a proper insight driven decision making on the Classic Apps Portfolio’s governance roadmap. And the required investments and changes.
- Lead the Continuous implementation of Automation, DevOps & Site Reliability Engineering practices to modernize the operations of the Classic Apps’ Cloud resources and their pertaining governance controls
Workloads Continuous Improvement
- Continuously monitor the Cloud technology & capability innovations/improvements, and propose adequate optimizations, modernizations, and enhancements to underlying Classic Apps Cloud Solutions.
- Lead the prioritization and implementation of the Technical backlog of the Classic Apps roadmap to ensure its continuous improvements across the 5 well architected pillars.
Software License Management
- Support software acquisition, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing for core fabric software
- Establish strong relationship with Vendors & Service providers
- Contribute to the fabric related projects through their approval cycle.
- Support managing the portfolio of fabric projects both standalone and integrated with LOB projects
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Engage with management, infrastructure peers, business and project stakeholders to understand system requirements and advise stakeholders on options, risks, business impacts and cost-benefits
- Contribute to infrastructure roadmap for enterprise architectural strategies including standardization and modernization of legacy environments, migration and operational optimization strategies
- Manage RFC/SOW and approvals from business on time
- Identification and mitigation of domain related risks and issues.
- Identify and recommend new technology initiatives for adoption within the group
About the Requirements
- Education: College or University degree in Computer Science/IT or a related discipline
- Minimum Experience and Knowledge: 10-12 years of experience in IT Infrastructure Solution Design and Delivery & high value project implementation
- 2+ years of experience working with cloud services (Azure) and a proven track record of building complex infrastructure
- Knowledge of ITIL Practice
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
- Sound knowledge of Cloud Computing, Server Infrastructure, & Virtualization
- Experience in the design and implementation of various Cloud based technologies (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code & Automation
- Experience with Agile and DevOps
- Project Management Skills, Vendor Management, Infrastructure Software Licensing
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.