Job Title: Admission Coordinator (Non- Arab Nationals Only)
Department/ College: Office of Admission and Registration
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so qualified.
The Admission Coordinator serves as the primary point of contact for admissions section and activities at Ajman University. Handles the day-to-day operations of the Office of Admission and Registration. The incumbent develops, recommends, plans and administers admission policies and procedures, and regulatory compliance. He/She is responsible for the recruitment of high-caliber students from all over the world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receiving and checking application forms, ensuring the completeness of data and following up on any incomplete applications with the candidates.
- Assessing candidates’ academic qualifications and verifying their enrolment eligibility.
- Making initial decisions on candidates’ suitability for their chosen program in line with AU Admission eligibility criteria and agreed target unit profiles.
- Upholding AU’s admissions policies consistently and fairly across all applications
- Acting as the first point of contact for enquiries from applicants, by email, telephone and in person.
- Enhancing the visibility and positioning of the University by courteously developing efficient and customer-focused admissions procedures.
- Organizes, manages and inputs information into databases.
- Advising applicants on all aspects of the admissions process, the suitability of their qualifications, and program details.
- Participates in the re-enrollment process of current students, tracks progress, addresses questions, and facilitates the completion of students’ files.
- Responsible for students’ ID card issuance.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- A University Degree is required in Business Administration/IT.
- A minimum of five years of experience, that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified is required.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Very good skills in Microsoft package.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with staff from diverse communities.
- Preferably with experience in Banner Student Information System
- Database management skills.
- Proficiency in additional languages will be an added value.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.